Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yum, Donuts!


I have an admission to make, I love pastries (just like my friends at http://www.theblognut.net)!  Maybe I should specify, my most recent pastry craving is for the delectable vegan donuts from Might O Donuts in Seattle.  A guilty pleasure for me, similar to the mocha addiction that plagues a good friend, or the secret cig someone I know sneaks every now and then.  What is life without our guilty pleasures?  While traveling recently, my buddy sitting next to me in 24B asked what I did for work.  Well, let me tell you how that conversation and all others like it go…  As soon as the person registers that I study nutrition they begin to justify the food in front of them,  the reason they prefer a specific brand of supplements and then they want to know what I’m eating.  Uggg, if I don’t have an eating disorder now, I will in the near future.  Because I study nutrition does not mean I am the embodiment of healthy living.  Actually, I try to be, but my pastry addiction can get me into trouble.  Now I feel like I need to sneak my treats for fear of disappointing those observing me.

Maybe I will flaunt my treats!  Yeah, that’s it, I’m going to share my addictions with the masses.  What would life be without the small indulgences we allow ourselves?  I try to live my life following the 80/20 rule.  80% of the time I do what I’m supposed to: eat 9-11 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, get my teeth cleaned, go to the gym regularly, maintain a healthy body weight, wash behind my ears, you know the drill.  But, 20% of the time I give myself a break, and so should the guy in 24B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment