Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tapas Anyone?

A meal type created for the indecisive among us, namely me.  I met a group of friends at Txori (http://www.txoribar.com) a new Tapas Bar in Belltown this weekend before we went to the theater. 

What to  order, what to order?  I am so excited…  twenty different options just begging to be sampled.  Of course, I should start with the potatoes, as my friends know, they are my favorite food.  One order of potato aioli later and it is time for the bread course.  Yum!  This little treat reminds me of spaghettiOs, or as my dining aquintance said Chef Boyardee in general, served with a crusty baguette.  The most intriguing item on the menu is next, chorizo with chocolate.  Oh, what a heavenly combination of salt, fat and sweet on a crusty bread!  I wish there were more vegetables on the menu, oh well.  I think it is time for dessert.  Because four of us have gathered for this experience, we should pick four desserts.  Chocolate mouse with cayenne, sheep cheese cheesecake, chocolate beet cake with fresh cream and citrus flan.  What a heavenly combination of goodness.  A bite of this and a little of that leads to a very satisfying dining experience.  Checkout this blog for great recipes http://www.tapas-recipes.com/tapas-recipes.html.

Two blocks down the road is the Moore Theater.  We are going to see a BookIt production.  Oh dear, I shouldn’t have had the martini with dinner.  I start to yawn as I wait for the curtain.  What a miserable experience, I spend the first 45 minutes tapping my foot and doing ab exercises trying to stay awake.  Thankfully, my blood sugar balances for the last half and I am able to watch as the climax fizzles.  Maybe I will suggest dinner after the play next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment